The most common causes of hearing loss are ageing and long term exposure to loud noises.
Did you know….
• Hearing loss is second only to arthritis as the most common complaint for the over 50’s
• 25 out of 1000 school age children have a hearing loss, and 50% of people with a hearing loss are of working age
• More people than ever are experiencing hearing loss at an earlier age
• Ex President Bill Clinton uses a hearing instrument
• More than a third of all hearing loss is preventable. Most common causes are: loud music, noisy workplaces, noisy recreational pastimes (eg shooting etc)
• People with a hearing loss wait an average of seven years before seeking professional advice
• 50% of people who could benefit from hearing instrument technology are not using it
• By the age of 60, one in three people have a hearing problem
• Over half a billion people worldwide experience a hearing loss
• Only 12% of hearing losses are helped by surgery or other medical treatment.
• 85% of hearing losses can be treated with the use of hearing instrument technology
• Daily exposure to noise above 80-90 decibels is considered hazardous. That would typically include lawnmowers, aircraft engines, power tools and loud music
• A live rock concert produces sounds up to 120 decibels
The Woking Hearing Practice is run by Julian Goad who has been a registered hearing aid dispenser for more than 15 years. The practice offers domiciliary visits throughout Surrey. Julian is a member of the British Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists and is HCPC registered and holds an enhanced disclosure CRB check certificate.See our Testimonials.
Please call 01483 766072 for an appointment.